Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Ready? Set? Go!

So... things are different here.  Simply put.  Driving especially.
In the good ol' USofA a yellow traffic light may mean,  "Caution.  I am changing to red soon.  Slow down."  Or, depending on your driving, "Hey, speed up!  I am changing to red soon!"

Here, at least in our city, the yellow light comes before the green light at traffic lights.  When they are working and the power is on ;)!   Ha!  But no seriously...

Most folks watch the traffic, not around them personally - cause that would make too much sense - but they watch for the flow of traffic to change and the lights to change.  So, in reality here, the yellow light means, "You better get going or your going to get run over, cut off, or have the horn blown at you!"

Now I know I need to be in gear to go when the turns yellow.  Not waiting to go, or slowing down like at home.  Here, yellow means, " Ready?  Set?  Go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment