Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cat Attack.

Sorry but there are no pictures to describe this horrific event...

I will start at the beginning...

A couple of days ago Brad & I were walking home from a nice lunch out & I tried something I have been thinking about trying for a while...  Here in South Asia there are little stores everywhere... speciality stores we can call them.  Most of them only do one thing... like just a block from our house there is the pharmacy, which is next to the shirt store, which is next to the chip store, which is next to the plastics store, which is next to the ... do you get it?

Well next to the chip store is the chicken store.  Their speciality... yes you got it... chicken & eggs.
There is a WalMart- type store but the smell & freshness of their chicken made me nervous so I thought I would try our our neighborhood chicken store.  I will spare the details, especially since I want my sister to keep reading my blog, but came home with fresh chicken.  Really fresh... got it?
I was super proud of my buy... never in my life have i had chicken so fresh...
Needless to say we had chicken for dinner that night. 

Then I woke up early the following morning to trim my prize chicken & put the remainder in the pressure cooker to have for lunch meat for a few days.  After a few minutes of cookin' our kitchen ... no our house smelled really good.  After the pressure cooker cooled I pulled apart the chicken & put it in the fridge then left the kitchen to get ready for the day.

A few minutes later I walk into our kitchen to see our neighbor's cat sitting on the counter licking the bowl I had put the chicken in!  I screamed more out of surprise than anything else!

I am not scared of cats, i like cats & have always grown up around them... 
but in my closed kitchen in a home where we do not have a cat, where all the windows & doors were closed I was very surprised to see one on my counter... having a snack!

I shewed him out of the kitchen, yelling like it was a snake or something, with the cat was yelling like I was out of place... by this time Brad had come & was just as surprised as I was... our front door was opened and we tried to get the little booger to run out... but he had other plans!  
That little cat when in every other direction... running up almost every window screen in our house, climbing my new curtains, and running into every other room but the open door that was waiting on him.
Finally he went up the living room window, again, and our teammate Tony grabbed him and finally he was out the door.  Tony saved the day.

Cats aren't bad... I thought I liked cats... and have even joked about getting one to take care of our lizards... which is another post altogether.  

But now I am sure... if we get any pet in South Asia ... it will be a dog.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your blog. Not sure how I've missed it, but really enjoyed reading about your experiences and seeing pictures. Think I'd have died with a cat jumping out at me!!

    ReplyDelete